Sunday, May 15, 2011

Pretty in Plaid by Jen Lancaster (book)

I would give this book an overall “C” or “so-so” rating. It had it funny moments not nearly as many as her past books (Bitter is the New Black, Big Lights Fat Ass, and Such a Pretty Fat). This was defiantly my least favorite book by Jen Lancaster. I have not read My Fair Lady or her latest novel, Welcome-If You Were Here.


This book is a look back at childhood, high school, college and getting her first “careers” out of college. Her childhood years and the job search areas were the most entertaining to me. She has unusual love for the Green Girl Scout uniform (not to be mistaking for her strong dislike of the brown brownie one) with the sash and all the patches you could get to show how much you know. It got me thinking, I don’t think my mom ever sewed a single patch on mine. Then again, did I ever get a patch?


I am not recommending that you don’t read this book, but if you are an avid Lancaster reader you might want to lower your expectations a little bit. That came out a bit more harsh then I intended.


If you want more of a laugh Jen Lancaster style check out her blog at http://www.jennsylvania.com/ or follow her on twitter at @altgeldshrugged.

No comments:

Post a Comment