Sunday, May 15, 2011

Something Borrowed (movie-2011)

Let me start by saying I love Kate Hudson so my views might be a little bit bias. With that disclaimer out of the way, I loved it. Just to clarify my sister-in-law (who shares a lot of the same opinions as myself on movies) just “liked it” and my husband thought it was a little long.

I think it was a great story about the friendship and being with the one you are meant to be with. Darcie (Hudson) and Rachel (Goodwin-who I also like) are childhood best friends. When quit Rachel accidentally sets up the love of her life with her best friend while in law school. Of course Darcie is the pretty one that gets everything and Rachel is the sweet girl that (almost) always puts her friends first.
I did not read this book so I can’t tell you if “the movie ruined the book” or if “the movie did the book justice” but I can tell you I liked this movie. If you go to the movies to see it you might want to make it a girls night, instead of date night.

You can visit the movie website at http://somethingborrowedmovie.warnerbros.com/ for the trailer.

PS- Jim from the office (John Krasinski) is in the movie too. You guessed it, I like him too.

1 comment:

  1. I saw it last week. I "liked it". I also love Kate Hudson but I thought she was a little to old for the role. :)

    ReplyDelete